Sunday, February 5, 2017
The new phase of my life requires a new level of faith. Like never before, I find myself being drawn towards the act of worship.
So it is no surprise that the Tee (picture below) designed by "art of homage" made it to my wardrobe late last month. It is a big reminder that as a christian, I have been called to worship.
Today, I got to listen to the message, "worship" by Derek Prince. He talked about how we can use our body to worship God. Yes, yes, we as believers must worship God almighty in spirit and in truth. But our spirit cannot worship in isolation.
"To get your whole personality in tune with God, and respond to God as He desires, your spirit has to work through your soul to move your body."
Some examples of the activities of the whole body during the act of worship:
1. Head: bow your head
Genesis 24:26; Ex 4:31
2. Hands- Lift up your hands in God's name Psalm 141:2
- Clap your hands
- Stretch out your hands in longing, ready to receive
2 Chron 6:12-13
3. Knees: bow your knees
Ephesians 3:14 - an act of total submission
4. Falling prostrate on your face before God. It means total submissions to God.
Gen 17:3; 15-17
5. Dance with all your might
2 Samuel 6:14; 20-23;
1 cor 6:17
1 cor 15:44
Relationship between thanksgiving, praise and worship:
1. Thanksgiving - Acknowledge God's goodness and kindness
2. Praise - Acknowledge God's greatness
Psalm 100:4: praise gives secure access to God
3. Worship - Acknowledge God's holiness.
Through worship your spirit makes contact with God.
Worship is only to God. Be totally involved during worship. God speaks during worship!
What are you currently going through? Come join in let us worship through the storm!